The AGM of the Australian Tea Tree Oil Industry Association (ATTIA) was held at Main Camp, in Rappville, NSW on 22nd October 2016. The AGM was attended by EOPAA members and SCU representatives, Ashley Dowell, Mike Russell, Samantha Morrow and Ian Southwell.
The day included talks by the following field professionals:
- Paul Bolster from P. Guinane Pty Ltd
- Prof. Graham King and Dr. Mervyn Shepherd from Southern Cross Plant Science
- Richard Davis from G.R. Davis; and
- Tony Larkman from Australian Tea Tree Oil Industry Association (ATTIA).
Topics of discussion included:
- The on-going Tea Tree Breeding program – this will be moving from the NSW Department of Primary Industries to Southern Cross University (SCU) after nearly 20 years; and
- the need for cleaner energy generation for distillation.
The AGM attendees were also welcomed on a site visit to the distillery at Main Camp Natural Extracts.